Interlibrary Loan Reimbursement
- ILL Reimbursement provides Iowans with equal access to library resources by encouraging and supporting interlibrary loan among all types of libraries.
- Participating libraries agree to loan their materials to other libraries for use by their customers and receive a subsidy per loan.
- More than 200,000 interlibrary loans are made annually through the program.
- As of July 1, 2012, the requesting library may charge the library customer up to $3.00 per item to offset postage.
ILL Reimbursement program for FY23 (July 1, 2022-June 30, 2023)
Reports for FY23 are Due July 31, 2023!
- No report is necessary if all loans were made through SILO ILL System or OCLC Resource Sharing. If your transaction log was filled out in SILO, you do not need to submit this form.
- Use the ILL Request for Reimbursement online form if you have any ILL LOANS beyond those made through the SILO or OCLC ILL systems to report. You do not need to file a form if you have no transactions to report. Do not report requests made for your own patrons. This is for loans of your materials to other libraries in Iowa.
- The report should be submitted online only. Please do not sent reports by fax or snail mail - reports sent in these formats may be lost!
- You need to have your transaction log ready to submit with the report form. You will be required to attach the transaction log to the report before you are able to submit.
- When you submit a form you will receive an email notice as a receipt. The receipt notice will include attachments of the form and any transaction logs submitted. Keep this information for your own records - you do not need to forward this to us. Submitting the report will send us copies of everything we need.
- You will not need a user name or password to use the ILL Request for Reimbursement Online Form.