Find Out More
The State Library's Library Support Network staff, located in Des Moines and six district offices, work to make library service in Iowa the best it can be by offering services, programs, and education for libraries. The program is funded with state funds from the Iowa General Fund and federal Library Services and Technology Act funds (LSTA) from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
Services and Programs
- Consulting, continuing education, and technical support to the staff and trustees of Iowa libraries.
- Sets Standards for public libraries and administers the state Accreditation program for public libraries and Endorsement programs for public library directors and staff.
- Administers Enrich Iowa funding to Iowa libraries, which includes the Open Access and Interlibrary Loan Reimbursement for libraries and Direct State Aid to public libraries.
- Specialized consultants offer librarians guidance in particular areas such as continuing education, library statistics, technology, youth services, and more.
- Grant opportunities, discount programs, and consortia membership to libraries.
What We Care About
We are passionate about the value of libraries and the difference they make in people's lives. We advocate for libraries and librarians and seek opportunities for them. In partnership with libraries, we identify and create innovations to help improve services for Iowans.